Saturday, February 7, 2009
Monday, February 2, 2009
Is it February already? I am a bad blogger- haven't written a darn thing since the half-marathon post. 2 whole weeks! January was full and wonderful- in a different way than December. January has a sense of newness, of course, as well as a "let's get back to business." We started a new small group session- the workbook is "Making Love Last Forever" by Gary Smalley. I've continued to love Beth Moore's teaching on Tuesdays, and I had two board meetings for my Baylor Alumni boards already. Cason has taught Sunday School for 2 Sundays in January. Family Services was also on the news (for good things!) 2 times in January. So exciting.
Cason and I are having a bit of separation anxiety. Well, not really, but we are used to carpooling 5 days/week. Yes, we spend a LOT of time together. Well, last week we only rode together on 2 days, due to his CFP classes and Beth Moore, and it was rough. I'm not kidding- but it's just a transition. We're both very independent, and we'll get used to it. I'm finding things to keep me busy, and I enjoy being alone sometimes.
I got an award!
I didn't really know your blog could get an award, but it's the little affirmations that are fun- someone out there reads my blog! Thanks, Paige! I will try to follow the directions and pass it along to others.
So here's how this works:
1. Say one nice thing to the man in your life: Cason I love you! You truly make my life better every day through your love and laughter. Thank you for being my best friend and loving me in the very best ways. Being married to you is even better than I imagined. (it's corny, but I had to follow directions...)
2. List at least 6 ways you measure success in your life.
I'm successful when I learn something new. I'm successful when I consider others before myself and show God's love. I'm successful when I stick with my convictions. I'm successful when my friends and family feel valued and encouraged. I'm successful when I help something positive to grow. I'm successful when I collect and connect the dots in my own life.
3. Assign 5 other blogs this award.
- Erin at Chocolate and Tater Tots
- Cindy at The Rabes
- Allison at Ryder's Block
- Abby at My Comings and Goings
- Molly at Not-So-Deep Thoughts by Molly Sylestine
Happy Groundhog Day, Friends!